Potted Plants and Summer Welcomes

Today was a good day.  I have been short a few of those lately, but today made up for some tough times I had been getting into lately.

I have been having some back problems over the last month that put me in kind of a funk.  It is never fun to feel helpless or to feel like you have so many things to do (and be responsible for) and you just can’t get to them.  Then, when you do, you wind up more sore or in pain than normally.

Luckily, I was put in touch with a wonderful and logical neurologist who has helped out a lot.

Of course, the next piece was the distance thing.  When you can’t do much besides sleeping or being with your thoughts, television can only get you so far before the thoughts creep in.  When you care for someone deeply and they can’t be with you, it is hard.  When you feel like you need then, and they can’t be there for you, it can be torturous.

Recently, we began “serious” move talks.  This has made me feel better because I know a plan is in motion, but since it is over 3 months away, it hasn’t begun to feel real yet.  I will take what I can get, though.

Other stuff that got to me were a myriad of tribulations that all bundled up to make things, for lack of a better term, icky.  Work, people at work, culture at work, attitudes at work, and did I mention work?

However, last Friday, I decided this was all going to change.

It started with a change in my mind or thoughts if you will.  Sitting around makes me snarky and choosing to not do things because it may interfere with someone’s schedule just wasn’t working for me anymore.  My schedule must come first.  I am the one (and only) person I can count on, for sure.  So, I got up on Friday, got dressed, took a shower, went shopping for (pirate) baby shower gifts, saw X-Men: First Class, did the grocery shopping, picked up the munchkin, took her to see Kung Fu Panda 2, got Taco Bell and came home.

This is what I wanted to do for the day and I did it. ‘Nuff said.

Saturday, the munchkin and I cleaned the house and later on that evening, went to a (pirate) baby shower. 

A little pink around the edges!

 She even made a cool twenty helping my friend’s mom with her dog.  Sunday turned into a day of planting flowers and plants.  A trip to Home Depot for salt for the water softener turned into getting an eclectic mix of shrubs and purple, pink, and blue annuals.

Very dirty from the planting

Unfortunately, we did not have enough soil to complete both sides, but I actually finished that up today.  I even treated myself to a turkey, bacon, and Swiss melt on health nut bread!

The week went by, of course, with very little positive events.  I was happy to see it go away.  Today (Friday) was a good day.  It was the last day of school for the munchkin and they had an Aloha Party to celebrate.  I volunteered since I had the day off.  It gave me enough time to drop her off in the morning (at school), and go pick up salt, soil, and chips.  I even got myself a cute little purple jumper dress with pockets.  My boyfriend’s family sent me a gift card for my birthday, so I used it!

I got back to the school, helped in the classroom, went to art class (LOL and a long story), and served pizza to the hungry children.  On top of that, I met 3 great moms, two of which exchanged numbers with for summer play dates and such.

A bit blurry, but I forgot the flash =(  Bad Mommy

After a slightly tearful goodbye from the lil one, I headed home to dump my salt in the softener and also finish with my plants.  After 2 hours of playing in the dirt, this is the finished product (pictures also have the weekend planting pics as well):

Now that the planting was done, it was time to clean up my mess and head inside.  This was the kind of shape I was in:

Thank goodness I had gloves on.

After the showery goodness, it was time to chill-out and put together my blog entry.  Of course, How could I forget?

With my gift card money, I also got Boomer Doggy a little something special for him to tear up through my house.  Oh well, gives me something to clean and the munchkin too (chore money has to be earned, right?).  Here he is with his new toy:

And, on that note, PEACE OUT YO!  I am going to relax.  Spent a little too much time in the really real world, fur cereal! So, until next time…


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s