Moved But Not Quite Moved-In

Friday was a hectic tsunami of events.  It has been a crazy couple of i.r.l. days; let’s see what I can recall.

Well, to start off, the supposed pre-move was supposed to occur on Friday, but it turned into “the first night in the new house” because all the appliances were delivered and installed.  At the end of Friday, I had moved a decent amount of kitchen items and miscellaneous house boxes and my dad moved my bed, some living room furniture, and a couple of random furniture pieces.

After an elaborate Taco Bell dinner with my parents (Well, my dad ate Taco Bell with me and my mom had chicken LOL), the Boomer mutt and I made our way out to the new place.

Once at the new place, I tried to get some more things in their rightful places and plan out what I wanted to accomplish on Saturday.  I tried to sneak a little boyfriend phone time in, but then I got tired and tried to sleep on the couch; too exhausted to try to make my bed up properly.  After 20 minutes or so of the silence and heavier traffic on my road, I decided to brave it into the bedroom and make the bed.  I was out like a light before I knew it while watching Date Night on my Netbook.

Saturday arrived quickly and it was time to haul into high gear!  A quick cup of coffee on my new back porch with Boomer surveying the fence line was the quietest moment of the day for me before I headed to the old place to begin dismantling the computers and other electronics for careful couriering to the new residence.

After breaking down the gear and carefully loading it up Tetris-style into my car, I helped repackage and resort the heavier things for the “fellas” to move to the trailer.  From there, it was a trip back to the new house to begin organizing all the stuff that had been moved.  All that was left for me to pick up after that trip was the groceries; refrigerated and not.  I took that brief time before getting the final load to make a quick trip to the store for a few bathroom supplies.

Once I got my groceries, I headed back to the house to work on breaking everything.  Once I begin a project, it is hard for me not to see it through to the end.  That is just how I am.  This is why I was up until 2:00 AM making sure my office was completely set-up and books were on the shelf before calling it a night. 

On Sunday, I was not as quick to move, but I was still up at 7:00 AM and completely ready to start getting the living room put together. I spent most of the day putting dry goods in the pantry and rewiring all the TVs and peripherals together; zip-ties, electrical tape, and twisty ties rounded out my arsenal.  At this point, just about everything has been moved, other than a few lingering boxes.  My dad was a champ and brought them to me.

I had a spot of lunch once everything was wired and tested.  At that point, I decided it would be a great time to go get a new DVD/BD Player.  Once in Target, I found a player and a few movies.  If I don’t have the internet and I have to work i.r.l., then I am going to relax in style.

My movie of choice for the lazy Sunday evening was the new Harry Potter (Deathly Hallows: Part 1).  After that one, I was definitely ready for some shut eye.  Monday morning and work were coming on fast.

On Monday morning, I was up at 5:15 AM and ready to go.  I got out the old Wii Fit and did my thing, hopped in the shower, got dressed, had my coffee and was raring to go (sort of).  I gave myself plenty of time to get to work since this was a first trip for me.  I made it to work even earlier than I anticipated, which made me happy.

The drive home left little to be desired.  All the road construction stinks.  Either way, I made it home, spent some time hanging the curtains my co-worker custom stitched for me, had a tiny little dinner, and had some chatty boyfriend time on the phone again since the phone company still couldn’t get their heads out of their bum-holes.  That, however, is a whole different (Full-On Fail) story.

Monday evening was a bit tough for me.  I was overtired, still stressed about the boxes left to unpack, and all the other stuff, that I had a hard time sleeping.  I felt pretty rotten for calling my boyfriend at a later hour, but he kept me company for a bit.  It was just enough time for me to forget about all the things left to do, and relax, take a shower, and get ready for some sleep. 

This morning rolled up thick, and it was time to get back to the grind.  I got up again early, but instead of rockin’ the Wii, I decided to unpack a few more bobbles and trinkets.  I was able to get my room in pretty good working order, even though I need to get more furniture.  That room is just too darn big.

I spent a good majority of the morning trying to get the whole internet thing straight, so hopefully I will have “the webs” when I leave work tonight.

This about concluded the moving part of my story, but I wouldn’t exactly say I am “moved-in” just yet.  However, here are a few pics I took with my horri-bad camera on my phone.  I didn’t have much time to take a lot of great pics with my other camera because I was neck deep in all the i.r.l. stuff.

I will update to some higher quality pics and update the progress of the move as soon as I can.  I did want to get all my thoughts down before I became too busy to recall what I had done this entire “moving” weekend.

Have a great day!


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s